- Vaibhhav Sinha joins the lab as a post doc!
- New preprint on algal control of bacterial community assembly - work by Kaumudi Prabhakara.
- Kiseok Lee wins the Hinds Fund Award from the Committee on Evolutionary Biology! Congrats!
- Seppe wrote a perspective on Waddington's landscapes in Cell Systems.
- New seminar series on Theory of Biological Systems co-organize by Karna! Join us Fridays 12:30 CST. Website.
- 11/2021 -- New review article on solving the structure-function problem in communities.
- 10/2021 -- Our group is part of a new training grant in Quantitative Ecology.
-10/2021 -- Our paper on carbon cycling in closed microbial communities is accepted to PNAS!
- 9/2021 -- Rudy Mendez Reina joins the group jointly supervised by Arvind Murugan. Welcome!
- 9/2021 -- We were awarded a seed grant from the Biosciences Division @ UChicago with Arjun Raman's group working on community design.
-8/2021 -- Seppe co-organizes KiTP program on ecology and evolution of microbial communities.
- 5/2021 -- Chin Yi Tan joins the lab collaborating with Kiseok Lee.
- 5/2021 -- Seppe gives the Evolutionary Systems Biology seminar at ETH.
- 5/2021 -- Kyle Crocker joins the lab as a post doc. Welcome!
- 4/2021 -- Luis is names Mavis Future Faculty Fellow at UIUC. Congrats!
- 4/2021 -- Kiseok Lee joins the lab. Welcome!
- 3/2021 -- Seppe gives talks at APS, U. of Florida and MIT.
- 1/2021 -- Ahmed Selim from the UC biophysics program will work with jointly between our group and Arvind Murugan.
10/2020 -- New manuscript predicting metabolic function from genomic structure in microbial communities. Nice work Karna & Derek.
- 10/2020 -- In collaboration with Madhav Mani our lab has been awarded an NSF grant to support our denitrification project.
- 6/2020 -- New manuscript on self-sustaining closed microbial communities. Congrats Luis, Kaumudi and Zeqian.
7/2020 -- We are thankful for the opportunity we have had to do science at UIUC - especially for the remarkable colleagues, students, and staff. However, we are excited to announce that our laboratory is moving to The University of Chicago @ the Department of Ecology and Evolution and the Center for the Physics of Evolving Systems. We look forward to joining the vibrant intellectual community at UChicago.
3/2020 -- Karna's virtual APS talk is online here!
1/20 -- Seppe gives the Complex Systems seminar at Northwestern
11/2019 -- Chandana passes her prelim!
11/2019 -- Seppe gives talks at Georgia Tech and Emory.
10/2019 -- David successfully defends his thesis!
9/2019 -- New manuscript on the evolution of generalists.
8/2019 -- Seppe speaks at workshop on out of equilibrium processes in ecology and evolution in Oaxaca.
8/2019 -- We were awarded an NSF-BBSRC collaborative grant on microbial mats!
6/2019 -- Safe travels Harry, see you soon!
6/2019 -- Chandana's CompGen Fellowship renewed. Nice job!
5/2019 -- Harry successfully defends his thesis! Congrats!
3/2019 -- Seppe speaks at VU Amsterdam, AMOLF (Amsterdam) and TU Delft.
3/2019 -- New manuscript on invasions in ABC communities.
11/2018 -- Jason is accepted to the Insight Data Science Program. Congrats!
10/2018 -- Seppe gives physics colloquium at IUPUI Indianapolis.
8/2018 -- Jason successfully defends his thesis & his paper is published in PRL!
6-8/2018 -- Chandana attends MBL Woods hole course on physiology.
7/2018 -- New preprint on phage transitions in bacterial range expansions.
5/2018 -- Chandana awarded a CompGen fellowship - congratulations!
4/2018 -- New Post Doc Kaumudi Prabhakara joins the lab as CPLC fellow. Welcome!
4/2018 -- Seppe gives a seminar at Washington University -- Physics department
3/2018 -- Seppe gives an invited talk at the APS March Meeting.
2/2018 -- Seppe speaks at a workshop on Evolution of Diversity at Les Houches.
1/2018 -- Karna quoted in Quanta Magazine in an article about microbial communities.
10/2017 -- Seppe gives talks at UTSW and UCLA.
10/2017 -- New paper on evolution of phenotypic fluctuations.
8/2017 -- eLife paper featured in Scientific American.
8/2017 -- Katie and Chandana pass the Physics qualifier -- well done!
7/2017 -- Seppe speaks at KITP EcoEvo
6/2017 -- Harry passes his prelim!
5/2017 -- Jason and David pass their prelims! Congratulations!
3/2017 -- Paper out in eLife.
1/2017 KuehnLab joins Academics Against Immigration Executive Order.
1/2017 -- New paper on population dynamics in fluctuating nutrient conditions
12/2016 -- New paper on evolution in constrained phenotypic spaces.
10/2016 -- Remembering Klaus Schulten.
10/2016 -- Jason wins University fellowship. Congratulations!
9/2016 -- New paper out describing high-throughput population dynamics measurements.
8/2016 -- CPLC post doc Connie Phong joins the lab. Welcome!
8/2016 -- Seppe promoted to Assistant Professor.
7/2016 -- New Insight article on Community Collisions in eLife!
4/2016 -- Seppe gives ESAM seminar at Northwestern.
4/9/2016 -- Kuehnlab co-organizes Midwestern qBio Symposium. Registration and schedule - here.
1/2016 -- Seppe gives Widely Applied Math Seminar at Harvard.
8/2015 First paper on evolution of bacterial motility submitted.
8/2015 Seppe teaches biophysics bootcamp to incoming Ph.D. students.
1/2015 Diane joins the lab as a CPLC undergraduate!
9/2014 Joey joins the lab!
8/2014 Seppe teaches biophysics bootcamp to incoming Ph.D. students.
6/2014 David joins the lab!
6/2014 Harry joins the lab!
6/2014 Lab renovations are done!
1/2014 Jason joins the lab!
1/2014 Seppe arrives at UIUC